Anyone watched The Lost Room?

Discussion in 'What To Watch' started by UnslaadKrosis, Feb 2, 2016.

1. UnslaadKrosis

UnslaadKrosis Jobless Dragon Priest.

Jan 31, 2016
    Tamriel (Well mostly)
    It's a fairly old (well if 'nine years' is 'fairly' old to you.) show from 2006 that aired on the SciFi Channel. This is a science fiction drama miniseries that deals with a strange event that happened in the now 'missing' room 10 of a motel in which apparently 'God' had stayed one chilly night. A police officer (our MC) gets his daughter lost into that room (due to various circumstances) and will stop at nothing to solve the mystery of the lost room and recover his daughter.
    I found it pretty interesting and engaging to watch. It's very short (3 episodes and about 300 minutes total watch time) and as far as mini-series go, pretty complete.

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    I am not familiar with it - but now I am curious. Thank you.

4. UnslaadKrosis

Jan 31, 2016
    Tamriel (Well mostly)
    No problemo. Sharing our experience is what we're here for, right? ;) After you've watched it, be sure to share your thoughts!

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2016
    Is it a horror or thriller? And is it based off a true story? The storyline seems interesting and already gave me the chills, I'm quite the coward, haha! But I think it would be fun to watch this with my husband since I only watch such shows when I'm with him.

6. UnslaadKrosis

Jan 31, 2016
    Tamriel (Well mostly)
    It's a drama/thriller/science fiction mish-mash. The whole sci-fi thing is just used as background, though (the whole god stays in a room, things go crazy part). The thriller aspect of the story is more prominently explored Imho. Though some would prefer calling it a drama through and through.

briannagodess likes this.
  7. SLTE

SLTE Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2016
    My wife got me to watch this when we first started dating. I don't remember it all that well, but I do remember it being good. A little low-budget, but the writing and acting were both solid. I was surprised that Kevin Pollak, whom I only knew as a comedian up to that point, could handle a dramatic, semi-villainous role as well as he did.

8. morgoodie

morgoodie Member

Feb 28, 2016
    I have not heard of this before but sounds like something right up my alley. I love thriller/suspense type of shows and you have described it to sound very interesting. I will have to take note of this and see if I can find it to watch. Thanks for the tip.