Anyone know which Roku apps you can use Sling TV to authenticate?

Discussion in 'Sling TV' started by Lost in Delaware, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Lost in Delaware

Lost in Delaware Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2016
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016

You aren't using Roku for this, are you?

4. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
    I am thinking Roku TV and Roku 3 act different for this

Attached Files:

5. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
    So here's the deal.....
    She said it was coming soon but wasn't out yet. She even downloaded it to her phone and checked for me.

She didn't know why you could.

I have a guess...

Your market was probably a tester for the authentication.

6. DustnBones001

DustnBones001 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    This is really weird to me because the rep I talked to on Facebook confirmed that you can now use your Sling login info credentials to authenticate with FX Now. I was able to on my Roku TV and Android phone. It's really weird what's going on here.

Lost in Delaware likes this.
  7. Double D

Double D Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2016
    Just an FYI to your conversation, Sling doesn't show up as a provider on my Roku either for FX Now or FoxNow. PS Vue does however

8. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
    Double D
    Yeah, PS Vue shows up for a ton of different places.

DustnBones001
    If I am right and you were in a test area, maybe that's a sign that they are ready to roll it out across the board to everyone now so they stopped the test

Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  9. DustnBones001

May 11, 2016
    Roku never shows list of providers you have to do that on a computer and as my previous picture showed Sling is listed as a provider. I don't know what's going on here but I had zero issue with authenticating FXNOW on my Roku TV.

10. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016

I used Chrome on my cell phone and went to the web page, no different than being on a computer....

There is a button to click and show all providers but Sling TV isn't listed. Like I said, I am betting you are in a test market for it.

11. Double D

Mar 5, 2016
    I must be doing something wrong. Sling was not one of the options to select from. I just tried it again from my iPad. It's really not a big deal to me though. I just wanted to see if it would work.

12. DustnBones001

May 11, 2016
    This is so weird I just checked on my phone again and it pops up Sling as a provider. I called Sling support earlier as well and they also confirmed you can authenticate with FXNOW. I don't know what's going on here lol I doubt I'm in a test market but who knows.

13. DustnBones001

May 11, 2016
    Which Sling plan are you subscribed to?

14. DustnBones001

May 11, 2016
    Are you subscribed to Sling orange or blue?

15. Double D

Mar 5, 2016
    Blue I guess. It's the multi stream with fox but when I signed up it wasn't labeled "orange" or "blue". I'm still paying $20 so hopefully that won't change soon

16. DustnBones001

May 11, 2016
    The $20 is still going for those that we're subscribed to the multi stream beta. I really hope it stays that way

17. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
    I agree, I hope they keep the price discounted for us for a while.

I see lots of fourms (not here) with people complaining about them raising it, but really Sling TV was simply charging a discounted rate for the one plan because it was in beta, I don't think their intentions were ever that it would be the same price as the single stream plan once it went out of beta. For so many people to not understand that mystifies me.....the multistream package is clearly more expensive for them to put together.

I also see lots of folks complaining about the package combo pricing. That actually ticks me off when I see that, because it makes me realize how stupid the people are being about this. People have always had the option to buy both, and it has ALWAYS been $40 for both plans together. Sling TV kept the pricing the same for the package (instead of 20 orange plus 25 blue, which would be $45) but people are whining about it like they raised it...which they didn't...

DustnBones001 likes this.
  18. Double D

Mar 5, 2016
    People love to complain. I'm just happy that I'm not paying Direct TV $144 (for just cable) anymore.

19. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
    I'm actually not saving a lot myself....
    But that wasn't my main goal.

I was paying $140+ to Comcast for standard HD package with internet...no premium channels, no dvr, one room

I am still paying 80 to them for Internet.

Sling TV with Hollywood Extra and Hulu Plus is about 37, so that is a little savings..and I can watch in any room since I have Rokus everywhere, but no app logins with Sling

I had Vue, and once they get things ironed out I may go back..that's $45 a month for the package I had plus another 12 for Hulu Plus, so I am right at where I was for cable.

I have Netflix too, but I had it when I had cable too.

For me, the big thing is no box and as little to do with contracts as possible, not to mention the reconnect fees stop you from coming and going

20. DustnBones001

May 11, 2016
    Well I can sort of understand ppl's frustrations somewhat with the pricing change since Sling got them spoiled with the $20 a month attractive price lol. But an extra $5 for 3 streams at a time is not a bad deal at all and certainly beats cable and satellite. I do wish there were more options tho. For example I'm not into sports or news so I would love to subscribe to a plan that doesn't have any sports/news for a lower rate. I long for the ultimate dream of a true a la carte instead of the bundling but I can deal with Slings bundling much more than cable.

Truly I'm not saving much with cord cutting but the freedom it gives me is what makes it worth it. I pay At&t $92 a month for unlimited internet then factor in subscriptions to Sling,Netflix,Hulu etc and yeah I'm not saving much from the days when I had cable lol. But as we all know the great benefits of cord cutting is being able to cancel and pick and choose without hassle and fees.

Also I guess I was on a trial with the FXNOW because I just checked again today and now Sling is not popping up as a provider. This issue has me wanting to pull my hair out of my head lol makes no damn sense. The reps keep telling me its suppose to work but sadly I'm use to reps telling me different things At&t pulls the same crap.

21. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
    Ala carte would be nice, but I know they get forced to carry certain crap channels to get the good ones.

That being said, they definitely could make smaller packages and have 2 and 3 dollar packages that add one or two good channels and 2 or 3 dogs..lol