Anyone know which Roku apps you can use Sling TV to authenticate?

Discussion in 'Sling TV' started by Lost in Delaware, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Lost in Delaware

Lost in Delaware Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2016
    I haven't found any of the network apps that allow you to use Sling TV as the cable provider authentication.

Anyone know of any?

DustnBones001 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Cutter15

Cutter15 New Member

Sep 5, 2015
    Watch ESPN wiil.

Lost in Delaware likes this.
  4. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
    Yeah, but not if you have the multi-stream package

5. DustnBones001

DustnBones001 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    As far as I know its only with Watch ESPN but thats only on the single stream plan. This is by far the major drawback to the Sling TV service you should be able to use your Sling login info to authenticate apps like any other tv provider to services such as HBO Go, Max Go, FX Now, etc.

6. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016

Yeah, the other drawback is the major streaming issues SlingTV has had over the last month or so. I actually cancelled my subscription effective 6/24 due to it. Everytime I watched a movie, crucial spot came up and it would go to black screen with the buffering/loading circle. Sometimes even kick me out.

If you read on their FB page, people everywhere are having the same issue.

Vudu, Netflix, CBS All Access, Hulu, no issues on roku. Just SlingTV

7. DustnBones001

May 11, 2016
    Yeah I notice on Sling's FB page they get lots of complaints about buffering. You would think they would've fixed the issue by now. I used to have these issues myself until I lowered the quality of the feed to SD which stopped the buffering but I still occasionally get it. And I know I can stream in HD just fine as Netflix/Hulu/Vudu stream just fine and work like a charm.

I mainly stick with Sling to have live HBO though I am hoping PS Vue comes to the Roku soon as they have a much better base package as well as a dvr.

8. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016

I tried lowering to SD but it didn't help me. It's weird how the Sling TV app reports the download speed as below 1 sometimes despite other apps reporting it maxed out. Sling TV servers must be very very slow

9. DustnBones001

May 11, 2016
    Alright I did some more research on this and with a subscription to the multi stream beta plan you can use your Sling login credentials to authenticate with FXNOW, FOXNOW, and NAT GEO TV. This is pretty awesome and a great start. Hopefully now that they have added Viacom channels you will be able to use your Sling credentials to authenticate with those apps as well.

10. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
    FXNOW, FOXNOW...pretty cool.

A lot of the Viacom stuff they just added I could care less about. There are only like 10 channels I like on Sling TV

11. DustnBones001

May 11, 2016
    Yeah finally they are allowing more authentication with other apps than just ESPN. And the only viacom channels I care about are comedy central and vh1 classic since current vh1 sucks lol. Seriously what has happened to vhl and MTV? those used to be my favorite channels back in the day. All they seem to air now is edited movies and reality TV marathons.

12. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016

Yeah, they both REALLY suck anymore.

However, VH1 does have Barely Famous. It's hilarious. Season 2 starts this week

13. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
    @DustnBones001

Neither FXNow or FoxNow on Android or Roku allowed me to use Sling credentials to log in.

That is as of this morning....

14. DustnBones001

May 11, 2016
    Hmmm that is weird I was able to authenticate with FXNow on my Roku TV with Sling. You might wanna contact Sling about this it should work.

15. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
  16. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
    @DustnBones001

One question, are they listed as Sling TV, or as something else?

Because I don't even see Sling TV listed as a choice

17. DustnBones001

May 11, 2016
    Yes Sling TV should be listed as a provider that's how I added it on my Roku TV it's really weird your having this issue. I suggest contact Sling on their Facebook page they are really helpful there.

18. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016

Darn it...I was actually on the phone with an agent today and forgot to ask.

It's funny, I always wind up in long, friendly conversations with the support agents at Sling and Vue, about topics totally out of the realm of why I called. I always have a sense of humor about the issues I am calling about and I get them laughing, next thing you know they are talking to me like an old friend..lol

The woman today at Sling told me in great detail about her experiences with FireTV vs Roku, her past job for a major cable provider, and the prospects of future channel add ons..hahaha

19. DustnBones001

May 11, 2016
    Lol that's awesome. I added a pic here so u can see Sling TV in the provider list

Attached Files:

20. Lost in Delaware

Apr 19, 2016
    I'm jealous....I'm calling right now.. ;)

21. DustnBones001

May 11, 2016
    Let me know if it finally works for you :)