Anyone grab a Roku 4 yet?

Discussion in 'Roku' started by GeorgeB, Oct 21, 2015.

1. GeorgeB

GeorgeB Staff Member Community Manager

Oct 23, 2012
    Thoughts? Experiences? I plan to pick one up this weekend. The goal is to replace our main TV roku 3, put that 3 on the one TV we have running a roku 2, then move the 2 down to the basement where we primarily use PS4 to watch TV.

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Rob Lister

Rob Lister Staff Member Community Leader

Mar 31, 2015
    It sure is big, and almost a pound.
    6.5 x 6.5 x 0.8 inches, 0.9 lb.

No complaints from me. The 3 is actually so light that the power and Ethernet cables tend to pull it off it's little shelf under my tv.

Three times as heavy as a roku 3

I bet most of that is heatsink. The 3 consumed 3.5W typical. The 4 will consume 12.4W

802.11ac MIMO dual-band wireless according to the specs. Which is necessary if you're going to stream UHD.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  4. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    I have not, but a neighbor has, and loves it. Of course, I consider Roku to have the most polished interface of the streaming boxes.

5. Boise Jim

Boise Jim Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Got one shortly after it came out, and it replaced an AppleTV in the main room. Have two Roku sticks in other rooms, so I wanted to keep all rooms the same (keeps the wife happy!). Zero problems with it, and it works perfectly. Does get pretty hot, but that's to be expected.

6. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    Any issues other than it getting hot?

7. Boise Jim

Boise Jim Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Nope. Boots up quick and runs pretty snappy.

8. lolmadbro

lolmadbro Member

Nov 19, 2015
    I currently own the Roku4. It does run warm. But nothing I'd be terribly concerned. Though I'm having an issue with SlingTV dropping connectivity after a certain amount of time. I'll be posting that in a separate thread though.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it.

9. Boise Jim

Boise Jim Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yeah, SlingTV really needs to get their act together. The only streaming service I have any issues with is them.