Any 4K Ultra HD TV Owners Here?

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by GeorgeB, Sep 20, 2014.

1. GeorgeB

GeorgeB Staff Member Community Manager

Oct 23, 2012
    We bought a 55" 4K TV from LG and we love it! The Way it up-converts "regular" HD content alone for us has been worth it. It actually took some getting used to coming from an old HD rear projection TV. It makes everything look more realistic and is kind of weird at first.

The problem of course is finding 4K Ultra HD content to watch. Right now there don't appear to be any streaming devices capable of displaying 4K content. We've been able to see some using built in apps on the TV like Netflix and Youtube's 4K video selection but there isn't much. We'd already seen House of Cards season 2 but we're enjoying watching the Blacklist.

Anyone else have 4K TV experiences to share?

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sugarhill

Sugarhill Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2014
    I sell them. It's always interesting to see the non-believers come in and how quickly they turn around after just a few minutes, especially with the curved TVs.

A lot of people are willing to invest in the future because of the deals they get on the TVs now. We'd probably sell more if 4K was available under 50".

4. Sugarhill

Sugarhill Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2014
    I hate to double post in a thread, but I have to in this instance. I don’t know if you’ve already been alerted, but Netflix has an “Action Plan” that will give you more 4K content. If I read it correctly, it should be $12 a month, but if you already had it before August 12th, you’ll be grandfathered in at the previous price. I hope it works out for you in finding more things to watch.