Another Noobie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by flynlion, Mar 24, 2016.

1. flynlion

flynlion New Member

Mar 24, 2016
    Hi folks

I just joined the forum, thinking about cutting the cord.
    Still debating which streaming box to get (the endless debate I'm sure). I lean towards an Android device because with Kodi they seem to offer more options, plus I already have an Android phone. But one channel I really want to get (and don't mind paying for) is Aerocinema, the airplane channel (I'm a pilot). It's s'posedly available on Roku but I'm not sure about Android.

Are there some apps or channels available on Roku that you simply cannot get with Kodi and vice versa?

Thanks.

LeoIrish likes this.
  2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    Welcome to the group! I have to admit I know very little about KODI, but it has been a hot top lately. Hopefully, you will get the insight you need.

4. flynlion

flynlion New Member

Mar 24, 2016
    I went with Roku, it just seems like the easier, more couch friendly plug and play way to go. Ordered it through Sling TV's "free Roku 2 with a 3 month subscription" deal, should be here next week :) But I also installed Kodi on my home office PC so's I can mess about with that if I get bored LoL. I figure between the two of them I should be cutting the cable soon :party: