Aereo

Discussion in 'Media Players' started by Sugarhill, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Sugarhill

Sugarhill Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2014
    I don't know how many of used this service, but I was greatly disappointed when they shut it down.

For me, it was a way to watch local channels without even an antenna, but more importantly, it was a reasonably priced DVR service of those programs.

It doesn't look like they will be able to continue broadcasting local channels, but they are working on something that would allow them to resume DVR service and for now, that may be just enough.

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Gelsemium

Gelsemium Founding Member Founding Member

Apr 6, 2014
    I never heard of this until now Sugar, was it a service for local US channels? I guess that it's not easy to find money to keep up and running.

4. TVLovingGal

TVLovingGal Member

Sep 25, 2014
    I did not know about them either. I'm sorry that I missed hearing about Aero. It sounds like it was a good service. I would love to have a DVR service, and I hope they can make it work.
    What was the fee for the DVR service?

5. Sugarhill

Sugarhill Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2014
    It wasn't a lack of funding, it was the cable industry throwing a fit! By it being transmitted through your Internet plan, you were able to get a perfect picture without having to pay the exorbitant costs.

I think the top package was about $12 or so and it provided a good number of DVR hours. It was truly convenient and started in major cities.