Advice for wireless headphones

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by kcut, May 8, 2014.

1. kcut

kcut Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Not everyone in the same room wants to watch the TV so i need to put some headphones on. When using it for a laptop it is not a problem as the cable is short. However, pugging it into the TV means running a long audio extension cable.

Does anyone use a pair of wireless headphones / earphones or have any recommendations for one?

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Fauxpeux

Fauxpeux Well-Known Member

May 2, 2014
    Here (I think)
    I used to have a pretty cheap pair a few years ago. I can't remember the brand, but it was something I picked up at Marshalls, so something equivalent to, say, Coby or Koss. I don't know if it's a general issue with wireless headphones, or just a byproduct of having cheap ones but I picked up a lot of interference on those things. Not only that, but there was only so far I could go without them cutting out completely. Now, if you're just wearing them while watching TV so as not to disturb anyone else in the room, I'd say it's a worthy investment. Don't expect to be doing housework while listening to the game, though.

4. kcut

kcut Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    Thanks for the info. I was worried about the interference part. With wireless speakers the cackle isn't too much of a problem but when it's right in your ear then it can be really loud and potentially damaging. Unless you're just referring to the hissing noise which is just annoying.

I was planning on just sitting down with the occasional walk to the kitchen to pick up some supplies ;). Not planning on doing any exercise so I suppose I should just find the right spot that has the least amount of interference and stay put!