4th Generation Apple TV Available Next Week

Discussion in 'Apple TV' started by GeorgeB, Oct 21, 2015.

1. GeorgeB

GeorgeB Staff Member Community Manager

Oct 23, 2012
    There's been quite a bit of talk on these forums about the upcoming Roku 4 but Apple is, of course, looking to steal Roku's thunder by announcing that pre-ordering of the new 4th generation Apple TV will be available starting Monday 26 October. Anyone looking forward to grabbing one soon?

new-apple-tv-and-remote.jpg
    Don't know if it's this person's hand or what but the remote looks absolutely ginormous!

new-apple-remote-wrist.jpg

new-apple-tv-interface.jpg

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LeoIrish

LeoIrish Community Leader

Mar 28, 2015
    At this point - no. The reason is I will not purchase a streaming device, which for whatever reason, does not offer what I consider to be one of the key SVOD services. If Amazon is added in the future, then my opinion may change once I compare it to the others.

4. bleblanc10

bleblanc10 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2016
    I will be pre-ordering mine!

5. Andy_Lothbrok

Andy_Lothbrok Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I've got one, and I upgraded (read: gave it to my son as a christmas present) from my Gen 3 Apple TV. I love the Gen 4, the Apps are awesome! You can add what you want and not have to put up with a heap of icons you never use because you don't have a subscription. The remote in that picture I think, is misleading. Its not actually that big and the swiping feature you can use is soo much better than the old remote. Its also handy having a volume button so you dont have to keep swapping remotes.