3D TV at home

Discussion in 'Audio Visual' started by kcut, Jun 1, 2014.

1. kcut

kcut Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    I enjoyed watching avatar in 3D at the cinema, those glasses were not awkward and it didn't make me dizzy. However, when I looked at the 3D TV's in the stores using their glasses I found myself feeling dizzy, and the 3D not as good as the cinema.

I think this is the reason why it hasn't yet taken off as well as they had hoped. How do you find 3D TV at home, anyone bought a 3D TV and use it frequently?

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Forum Sponsor Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Peninha

Peninha Founding Member Founding Member

Apr 6, 2014
    I am not a huge fan of 3D movies to be honest, not in the cinema and not at home, simply because I don't like wearing those glasses, call me old-fashioned lol. With time more and more TVs will have that 3D technology, so most likely the next TV I buy will have it, but I am not rushing to it.

4. Fauxpeux

Fauxpeux Well-Known Member

May 2, 2014
    Here (I think)
    I think the technology has already come and gone. It didn't test as well as the studios/manufacturers had hoped it would. In fact, Vizio has already dropped 3D TVs from their manufacturing lineup back in January, in favor of UltraHD/"4K" TVs, which will likely be gone by next summer, too. Personally, I thought 3D content was fun every now and again, but I certainly wasn't going to buy an additional TV.

5. CordCutter

CordCutter Member

May 27, 2014
    I can do 3D at the movies once in awhile, it's fun, but I can't imagine it full time in TV at home, my head hurts just thinking about it!

6. kcut

kcut Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2014
    I see i'm not the only one who has trouble with domestic 3DTV! Which is a relief as i thought i was in the minority with all these 3D television sets on the market. I wonder if there will be an UltraHD 4K 3D TV B)

That might take off, or on the other hand it might make us even more dizzy by confusing our senses with even higher quality images that is supposed to be all around us!